Friday, September 18, 2009

Don't worry!

We're still here! :) We've just had a lot going on.

This past Sunday we moved to Nana and Papa's for a few days while the house was "unlivable". We had to move all the furniture out of the bedrooms to prepare for new carpet. Then on Wednesday we came back home and spent all day moving furniture back while the workers laid carpet. The most exciting part is that our new bonus room (formerly garage) is now usable!! Daddy has been working on it for a while now (with help of course) and carpet was the last part in being able to use it. There are still finishing touches that need to be done and the house is still in a bit of disarray as I figure out where I want things now. But when everything's ready, I'll take some pictures for ya!

Speaking of pictures....

This was one morning when Bailey went over to Grandmother's and it was just me and Austin hanging out. He went right to Bailey's room and started playing. Normally Bailey runs and pulls her door shut so Austin can't get in there, so he took full advantage of the situation. Look how happy he is!!


And something VERY exciting happened. Bailey went pee pee in the potty!!!!!! She was really stressing herself out over the potty. It was going to make her sick, it was too hard, and it didn't work. (She thought she would automatically go just by sitting down.) So I promised her it would be fun. I made her sit and we read books. We read about 10 books, probably at least twice each. Then she wanted a break so I let her play for a bit. Then I moved the potty to the living room so she could watch Max and Ruby. Then when she wanted to get up again, I painted her fingers and toes so she would have to sit longer. After a while she said "Mommy there's pee pee." and there was! Next time she had to go, it was a little late and it hasn't happened since. In fact while I was putting up her clothes today, I saw that she had hidden her panties. So we'll revisit the potty again in a few weeks.



1 comments:

Nana said...

Austin looks so HAPPY to be in his sissy's room playing with her toys!And speaking of Bailey, I can't believe the little stinker HID her panties! Well, yes I can.