Thursday, September 10, 2009

Post 3 of 3: The beach

And now, the final installation of our Mississippi trip!


We drove from Monticello to Gulfport (close to 3 hrs) b/c we were bound and determined to see the beach. The kids were super excited to get out and play on the beach. Austin just crawled, and crawled, and ate some sand, and then crawled some more. Luckily, the water was only about 2 ft deep as far as we could see and there were no waves. Bailey REALLY liked this. She wasn't scared at all! And of course Austin wasn't. He kept trying to get down and swim.




She was drinking her "cold water". She's all about some ice and cold water.


We had a lot of fun and wore ourselves out (as you can see!) There was a little damper on our beach experience, or it was for me. I got my very 1st bee sting. Standing in the dang ocean! Who would have thought there were bees at the ocean?! I just had to put my hand on my hip like I always do and aparently stuck my left middle finger right on his little stinger. Let me tell you, it was NOT fun at all! Very painful, and it still itches and is a little swollen. But, I'm done whining about it now. Hope you enjoyed hearing about our trip!

0 comments: