Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ahh Sleep

I miss sleep. I truly do. I miss sleeping all night long, heck I miss sleeping more than 2-3 hrs (if I'm lucky) in a row. They always tell you that parenting will mean less sleep, but you really have no idea just how little sleep that is until it happens.

This little guy hates to sleep alone. Sometimes he'll get into a deep sleep and be out for a few hours (always early evening). No matter how hard I try, I just can't go to sleep when he does around 7. We were at a point where he woke up twice a night, but lately I'll get him to sleep and he'll cry as soon as I put him down. Or he'll wake up around 2-3 in the morning and want to stay up for an hour. That's what happened last night. He woke up around 2:30 and stayed up an hour. I had to hold him in order to get some sleep.


And this little girl woke up around 4 this morning and just now went down for a nap. She was cranky! She likes to stay up late and wake up early, but we're going to try to reprogram her. She was never a good sleeper as a baby either. Once she got older, we got to be good napping pals. I would lay down with her for just an hour and we would wake up 5 hours later. I miss that!


Well they're sleeping now, so I get to do my stuff. Not sleep, but fold laundry and clean while I watch America's Next Top Model reruns. And when they wake up, I'll get to run the vaccuum. :)

1 comments:

The Foley 5 said...

Look how sweet they both look! Priceless!!

I'm not looking forward to having 2to put down for a nap at the same time. I'm lucky now that Parker is such a good sleeper, I hope the next one is too!