Thursday, April 2, 2009

Home Sweet Home

As you can tell, we made it home safe and sound!! What should have been about an 8 hour trip took close to 12 hours. We crawled at about 5mph for over an hour due to a bad storm and flooded roads. Then we stopped and ate for about an hour. And I had to pull over a gazillion times to get coffee and splash water on my face. We finally made it to my mom's at 3 am!

I decided to hang out over there until Monday morning. Much easier that way! Bailey also went with Nana, Papa, and "Dadid" to the Chattanooga aquarium that Monday so I wanted to be able to give her a big goodbye hug.

Other than that we've just been hanging out. I caught the cold that Grant and the kids had and have been feeling pretty icky. But we're picking up Grant tonight so I'll be able to get some good rest!

In other news, Nemo died while we were gone. We knew it would happen eventually. I went and got 2 goldfish for a good bit cheaper than it would have been to buy another Beta. So we now have Nemo2 (on the left) and Dory (on the right). Bailey's just happy to have fish :)


Austin fell asleep by himself!! He was playing and rolled over and next time I checked on him, he was out!


Now on to Florida!

Austin was sick when we first got there. I had to stand in the bathroom with him and let the shower run so it would get nice and steamy. That seemed to do the trick. The congestion broke up and he woke up a new baby the next morning. He was pitiful that night though.


Sunday we went to Jacksonville Beach. It was extremely windy! But I was bound and determined that we were going to tough it out. We were at the beach after all, windy or not. I went and put my feet in the water and about froze!



Grant's masterpiece :) I tried to make a smaller one, but Bailey kept trying to "help" me


Austin LOVED it! He was such a good boy.






He liked playing with the sand between his toes.


Bailey was very upset when we got there. She had just woken up from a nap and she HATES the wind. Seriously hates it!


She finally decided to get down and play. We were protected pretty nicely by the dunes so she was good after we got settled in.




The rest of the week we played and played. I took them swimming (Austin sat in the stroller while Bailey swam with me, then she sat on the steps while Austin got a turn). We went to walmart a few times and I found a playground to play at.

Most mornings we would go out on the patio and blow bubbles. Bailey had to do it all by herself, but she's "not a big gir".


She loved to chase the bubbles.


And Austin loved to giggle at her.


Bailey loved to play in "a water" and begged Daddy to go swim with her every night when he got off work. Daddy's a sucker for those puppy dog eyes and a "peez"

We finally got her to put on the suit with the floats in them so she could swim better. She did great! She loved to swim around. She would drop her babies (puppy, bob bob, star, and whale) and then go rescue them.






She fell asleep on the floor trying not to fall asleep.


We also found a lake with a walking path around it. The signs said it was a real lake, but it just looked like a gigantic pond. I thought that this was why the city is "Lake City" but I did drive past another lake.

There were ducks everywhere and they walked right up to us. Bailey quacked at them and Austin just looked. We walked all the way around. It was 7/10's of a mile and Bailey walked the entire way without one complaint!





I fell in love with this house. It is right there at the lake, but is in need of some serious renovating. I drove around and found out this was just the back of the house!



And...
Austin found his feet!! He loves grabbing them and rolling over.


Well that was our trip. We had fun and were glad that we got to hang out with Daddy rather than be away from him for 2 weeks. We get to spend some more time with him before he goes back to Florida on Easter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, it looks like you guys had a great time! I LOVE Austin's hair and Bailey is so gorgeous :)

The Foley 5 said...

Those are great pictures!!! It lookes like you all had such a fun time in FL! And I agree with Jen .. Austin's hair is TOO CUTE and Bailey is growing up so fast, she's so beautiful!!