Monday, September 22, 2008

December 3, 2008

should be Austin's birthday! Unless there are any complications or sickness. But we're not even going to think about that! He should be making his debut sometime that morning. Which is a little strange for me. Bailey was born at 3:38 am so I had her, then went to sleep for the night. This time I'll have him then I'll probably sleep for a while (I can't remember if I was given sleepy/pain med) But then I'll have all day! I know he'll be in the nursery for a bit, but hopefully not for too long.

My pregnancy has flown right by. I've been so busy with school, MDO, wedding shower and bachelorette party planning, birthday party planning. It's kind of nice that Austin's just "hanging out". I'm ready for him, but not really. We don't usually get to sleep all night, but we do get 4-6 hrs of straight sleep. I don't want to give that up! Not to mention that Bailey's big girl room is nowhere near ready. I need to get in gear and start painting, but I just don't feel like it. And I am not looking forward to the jealousy that is bound to emerge from my high-maintence child. I'm sure she'll be so helpful and loving, but so jealous at the same time.

Speaking of that munchkin, she has been sick. :( We're pretty sure she has hand-foot-mouth disease. She has a rash, but it's starting to clear up some. She is just extremely cranky and whiny. The past few nights she has been up until 3:30, then wakes up around 6. She hasn't been able to sleep for long without waking up crying. It's been pitiful and very trying for us due to the extreme lack of sleep. I did try some benadryl with her motrin last night, which helped her sleep better than she has in days. She's acting a little better today, so hopefully she'll continue to get better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

December 3...wow that doesn't seem possible. I know you are all so excited. I hope little one gets better soon. Sky has been sick too. He laid on the couch all day yesterday and hardly wanted to get up for anything...even to eat...which means he is really sick!

Angie Morris said...

Ya on Austin news!!! And I hope Bailey feels better soon :)