Friday, July 3, 2009

Hi....

My name is Katy and I'm a blog slacker...

Sorry to my handful of loyal readers. I have had NO motivation whatsoever lately. I have enough in the morning to get the housework done and that's it. Not to mention crumbs on the floor and no clean clothes give me tons of motivation. So thanks to the Blog Patrol (aka Grant) I have been given a tee-tiny kick in the rear to update. :)

So we'll start with Father's day~We celebrated with Papa the weekend before with a cookout. And maybe some swimming? I can't remember anymore. On Father's Day we had lunch with Pappaw, a relaxing afternoon, and dinner at O'Charley's. Daddy got some cute clothes, a sweet picture frame and the most awesomest gift of all:



Isn't he just the best daddy ever? They love him SOOOOOOOOOOOO much. And I do too of course! :)



This is the picture that I used in the frame. Nana took a lot of pictures and not one of them has them both looking at the camera and smiling. Not one! One will smile and the other will be frowning or looking away.



We have been doing a lot of swimming. Every Tuesday morning I go to a great Women's Bible Study at church and then we go to Nana and Papa's to swim. Bailey has really started to enjoy the water and Austin is a major water baby! He tries to jump out of my arms into the water. Seriously, he scares me to death sometimes. Bailey has been doing much better about trusting us. She'll wear her arm floaties and swim sometimes. It has to be on her terms of course.

Austin likes to fall asleep in the pool. He fell asleep against my face like this. :)
















Right now we're dogsitting for Nana and Papa. Bailey LOVES to play with "Gwaquie" (Yea I dunno, it's hard to spell that pronounciation)
She loves to play with her house too. She puts her puppies in there and bosses an imaginary Gracie around. She'll go to the cage, open it up, go to the front door and take her out, then bring her back and tell her to get in her house. This is all the imaginary Gracie. The real Gracie is sitting on the kitchen rug watching her like she's lost her mind.




Well, there ya have it. Motivation or not, I pledge to do better at updating. It's crazy how hard it is to get into a groove with 2 kids. One week I've got it. We're going to the park and playing with friends, getting all the housework done, reading, etc. The next week it's as if I'm clueless on what to do with them. I've been told that time will make it easier. But we shall see. Austin is going to be crawling any day now so that will make things so much harder!

2 comments:

The Foley 5 said...

Great pictures Katy!! The kids look adorable, as always!!

Angie Morris said...

You seriously have the cutest kids ever!!!