Wednesday, January 28, 2009

She IS smart!

Not that I thought she was dumb or anything, but it seems like everything I try to teach her goes in one ear and out the other. The things I don't want her to learn, she picks up easily, like pointing her finger in my face and saying "NO NO!". But things like colors and numbers, she's more stubborn with. She can say the names of colors but she won't identify them. She'll say "1,2" and I know she knows more, but she won't count any higher.

Well, today she counted 1-6! But only because she thought I wasn't paying attention. In a way I wasn't, but I heard her count and looked at her like she was crazy. She does know these things, she just only shows that when she feels like it. Typical Bailey...

She did the same thing with her colors the other week. She has a container with block shapes. I used to play with one when I was little. There are blue circles, red squares, and green triangles. She can put the shapes in the right hole and will pretend she doesn't as she giggles. I asked her to show me a blue one and she grabbed the right one! She did the same with the green and red. I'm so proud of my girl!

1 comments:

Jill said...

She is smart! And super funny too! I think Audrey has some Bailey like qualities to her. Uh oh!

Something I did with Adeline was get a min bag of skittles and say "This is red! Can you find something else that's red?" And she would wonder off and bring something back red. Then she'd get that skittle.